Friday, November 21, 2008

Picture in Picture( second attempt)

http://www.portlandopenstudios.comThis is a view of the Li river in Guiling, China. This is the improved version, or the second attempt at creating this painting. I loved the premise of the painting. In this piece of work, I emphasized on the stalactite in the cavern. The presence of the stalactite gives the cavern depth. I really worked on the light values, such that one can see the light on the walls and at the tip of the stalactite. The rock shelves on the left are also highlighted to add to the 3 dimensional feel of the painting. I especially liked the reflections inside the cavern all; they are not just black blotches, but actually show the reflections of the cavern walls. I've brightened up the scenery outside the cavern to give it more of a visual impact. This painting is done with Chinese water color and brush on Xuan paper (rice paper)


No comments: