Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beaverton Creek (Classic) cont'd

One of my weaknesses is my tendency to "Tu","Mew".  That can be loosely translated as to doodle, to sketch.  In Chinese brush painting, where Bi-Fa is all important, the fact that I muck up any brush strokes is a cardinal sin.  I don't want to show a wad of cotton, but strands of fibers.

Thus I try to be a little more patient, a little more deliberate, try to coax myself into a calligraphic state of mind. 



I just don't like the result.  The imagery look contrived.  I really have not mastered the art nor the discipline of incorporating technique with thought.  The nirvana for me would be to be able to achieve Xieyi without sloppiness. 



All of a sudden, the Xuan appeared to have multiplied in size.  I'm having difficulty filling in the landscape with mixed foliage.  I suppose I would rely on wash and moss dots at the final phases.
 


My original premise was to lay down a wash of Prussian Blue at the top of the paper to give it perspective and interest, as I did with my Xanadu Fall painting, but I didn't quite like it this time around.



It has been almost 4 months since I conceived of the painting and by now cherry blossoms are in bloom.  Why not embellish it with cherry blossoms then?

 
I think this looks more inviting.                                                                                                          
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: