Monday, September 15, 2014

Sailing

I dropped my laptop and cracked the screen.  It now has a cluster of vertical lines on the left third of my screen. 

I was mad.

I found myself moving my head from side to side, trying to peek through those vertical lines, as if they were just a mesh screen blocking my view.

It was comical.

I continued my experiments with the semi-sized Xuan.

I painted some sailboats on the ocean; spinnakers, spinnakers, spinnakers.  Enough of the serious stuff.

Using center tip, I patiently laid down scores of horizontal lines, lifting with varying pressure and speed.  This was calming, almost zen like.  A perfect remedy for dealing with the cracked laptop screen.



The paper does not show black well.  It appears as sepia.

The painting looked too red to me, although only blue was used.

I remedied that by applying blue color on the back of the paper.  The translucent nature of this paper allowed the color from the back to permeate through.



The sail was done with a side tip technique.






The painting became lighter after it dried.  The dot in the background was an accident.  A happy accident.  I somehow managed to drop my brush on the paper.  After some laborious blotting and thinning, a smear resulted.  Seemed to give reference to a distant landmass.  Nice.



No comments: