Sunday, October 31, 2021

Filling in the middle

 Now that I have the front row of Vestals established, and having the clue in the form of a sieve placed in my painting, I need to think about growing the numbers of vestals.

I will fill up the space behind the vestal with the sieve first.  I shall try a pose of the model sitting on the bent over sieve model, in appearance anyways.




I think this is an interesting pose, having models arched in opposite directions, forming an X, creating some sort of tension.

To fill in the space between the two models, I insert a model looking upwards at a 45 degree angle, directing the viewer outside of the painting.





A third model is placed on her knees, crawling over to another model with outreached arm, establishing some sort of a connection.









No comments: