Saturday, May 16, 2009

SPEED BOAT



I showed how I laid the ground work for this painting using my Secret Ancient Chinese solution, to establish the wave crests, followed by meticulous filling in with different ink tones to construct the "waves". Then I painted in the boat and the human figures. Before I go too far with this, I must first declare that this is not an original composition. I was trying to emulate the work of another artist and I have stated that with the labeling on the painting itself. What I was trying to explore was to employ my own method to create my style of "wave" effect. A few more flicks of the Secret Solution to the left, and then painted in the boulders and by george, if the water wasn't pounding on them rocks!!!!
In the process of painting in the waves and having the crests show, I rendered too dark a color. This gave the painting a nasty, fierce look but I would have preferred a lighter tone.
After looking at it for a week or so, I decided that the only first aid I could administer was to add a little bright color to the painting. I made the front and back person wore red hats, as if they were the guides and the middle couple were the passengers.
I must say this was a fun project..............
When I have time I would try this one again, with a lighter tone, and different figures.......


No comments: