Friday, January 9, 2015

Push Pole Brigade ( Brushed Line version)

While still digesting the last painting, I decided to do another version, with more emphasis on lines.

For this I used a paper that is normally reserved for calligraphy. I had not used this particular brand before but I was game.  This paper has a slight yellowish tint to it although one can't tell from the picture.



I had intended to go on, but somehow the void on the right stopped me.  I thought it was interesting.  I just wasn't sure where the focal point should be. 

Let me ruminate on that.

I decided to jazz up the dark values such that the audience is drawn deeper into the painting.  I also filled in the background with more shadows; semblance of more figures.  Nothing too drastic, but now I can sense where the punch is coming from.

No comments: